1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having no luck with my search finding grips for my Para LDA CCO .45 that is stainless steel.. I have the Hogue grips with finger grooves but I don't care for them much for my small hands. I checked with Hogue and they do not make any rubber grip panels for officer frames. I have searched the net but not coming up with anything so thought I would ask here. I just want rubber grip panels, no wrap around, slide on or ones with sharp engravings that can hurt sensitive hands.

Any ideas where I can find some in the color black between $25-$50?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have some rubber pachmyr officers grips sitting in the parts bin.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the original rubber grips from my Kimber Ultra compact. You can have them for $15 shipped. Plain black checkered double diamond. PM me if that will float your boat. Otherwise, lots of similar available on eBay.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
A company name Pearce makes straight checkered black rubber grips for the Officers size frame (I have 2 sets)... Brownells and lots of places carry them. The retail at Brownells is only$14.50.... their item #092-100-014DJ

Mark

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
+1 on the pierce grips, those are really nice. I had forgotten about those.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Today I went to what is claimed to be the world's largest gun show. I found some Colt rubber officer grips for $20.00 out the door. Came home and was going to put them on but can't find the tool to change the grips. When I do get them changed I'll post before and after pics. It should be a big improvement over the bulky Hogue wrap around grips. :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
besides a screwdriver, what tool do you need to change grips?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have seen just about every type of screw made for grip screws. My Kimber came with allen heads. Why use anything on a gun but gun screws??? We must be different so we can claim to be better.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before and After Pics

Here is my Para before the new grips and after. I know it is odd putting Colt grips on a Para but all I was after was some rubber panel grips to improve the look and narrow the grip for my small hands. I think it was an improvement but what do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Looks much better, I think wraparound Hogues should be illegal!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts