1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Brownell's sells a drop-in part that allows you to slingshot the bolt with depressing the bolt release (on the underside of the receiver). Does anybody make an aftermarket part that allows not only the slingshotting but also locks the bolt back after the last round is fired? I heard this from someone but can't find any reference to it in Catalog #56.

·
Banned
976 Posts
first of all check out rimfirecentral.com you will find lots of good info there. the device that holds the bolt open after the last shot requires that all magazines used be modified, i dont know the exact details cuz i havent played with one. and the factory bolt release can be modified in a couple of minutes to let you drop the bolt without messing around. one little hole just needs to be rounded out with a dremel.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've been playing with and building 10/22's for 12yrs. I've tried the BHO mod, but it's really not worth the time and effort involved. You do have to modify all your mags...and even if you get it right, it doesn't work 100% of the time.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
BHO isnt really worth the money it costs. Also the auto bolt release you can make in 30 seconds with a dremel...theres only one little thing that needs to be ground down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts