1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
You never know!!! Their new SR556 AR is a different approach for them!!!:rock:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
If they did do a traditional 1911 then it would compete with Caspian Arms Company who makes well made casted 1911 frames and slides.

I think the "SR9" related to their new polymer striker fired 9mm now on dealer shelves. Most like in about a year they'll offer it in the 45ACP version. This is my next gift to myself for next year. :)

rimfire,22

·
Registered
44 Posts
With the 100'th yr anniversary of the 1911 coming up, would be a great time for Ruger to introduce their version. I hope they include it in Stainless for us crows to caw about....
Ruger are you listening?:biglaugh: JMHO!

·
Registered
83 Posts
If they did make it cast, it would probably try to compete with the Para GI (cast) :D, but likely they will try to dude it up like the Taurus, giving it a newer edge style. All in all, it would probably be heavy, like any other Ruger. If that is the case, sounds like a new candidate for a steady .45 Super gun to me! :D

I hope a mag disconnect or strange firing pin safety is not in the works...:barf:

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
If S&W and Taurus can both make 1911s, anything is possible. If so, keep an eye out at the 2010 SHOT show. It would be released then.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
If Ruger would make a 1911 it would likely be large & clubby like the P89.... :biglaugh:

NAA.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I’m pretty darn confident Ruger will not be making 1911’s… I was also pretty confident they’d never make a decent ultra small/reliable pocket .380 and I never would have considered them as a contender to make a ultra-light polymer framed revolver either. Now that they are on the AR stage… it seems pretty obvious that they have some creative brains at work in their R&D that are keeping a close eye on “trends” in the market (and I think that after 100 years, the 1911 is a pretty well entrenched trend).

·
Registered
6 Posts
If they would make a light polymer framed single stack single action on the 1911 style I'd be interested. Heck if they would make a single action P345 I'd be interested.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
With the new management, it may just happen. If Ruger builds it with standardized parts I would want one... or two.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts