1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are both accurate and reliable. The pricing of the P97 makes them a bargain. The only handicap I can think of is that physically they are quite large.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a P944 and I love it. It's affordable and accuracy is good.

------------------
"It's better to be confused and distraught, than it is to be mislead in the wrong direction"

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Dear 101AASLT, I bought one in late spring and am very happy with it. I'm getting pretty accurate with it. I've never shot from a rest but articles I've read report good accuracy. It has also been a very reliable gun for me. In over 1000 rounds I've had just two stovepipes and that could probably be explained by holding it weakly. Most of my experience has been with single actions revolvers. Price should be somewhere between $350.00 and $400.00. The wholesale cost last spring was under $300.00 so use that as a guide. Stay safe, Gary

------------------
What I want most from the government is to be left alone. GWT

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
They supposedly shoot like a match gun according to Mas Ayoob. I've seen 'em priced around 425. As a bonus, until the end of the year, Ruger is offering a rebate. I think the savings is something like forty bucks. I plan to get one for my wife.

Callahan

·
Registered
249 Posts
really great gun. i've a p97dc. $300 with the rebate. it has the best trigger i've ever felt/used on a factory gun. my guess would be no more that 5lb pull in da (but long) and no more than 3.5/4 lbs in sa. very smooth. (almost as good as my s&w model 28-2, that i've owned for 30 some years). i also bought a p944t; good gun, but the trigger isn't as good as the 97. neither have ever jammed or misfired in any way. mcole

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I'm sort of echoing the general comments, but I've never owned a bad Ruger. True, the P-series Rugers are big, but they feel good in my hand. And Ruger is selling a ton of them. I've never seen or heard a bad word about their reliability or accuracy or price.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a P97 and I can't complain about it at all. Reliable, accurate, reasonably priced. I would prefer a smoother trigger, but it will do. A word of warning - as good as a P97 is it is not a 1911, and for a $75 to a $100 more you can buy a 1991a1.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hate to sound like a broken record. I have a P89 and love it. Shoots better than I can, and with Ruger's $45 rebate and my dealer had a $15 rebate on top of that (davidsons.com), I ended up getting it for $300 tax, etc included. Very durable and will "eat just about what ever ammo ya feed it". The trigger pull does take some getting used to.. but i'm sure with time it'll break in some.

·
Banned
217 Posts
No. They are made by Ruger, the company that gave us the high-cap magazine ban.

Bill Ruger Sr testimony before Congress gave us the silly assault weapons ban, i.e. the 1994 Crime Bill.

Bill Ruger never appologized or admitted he was wrong.

Buy a CZ instead.

------------------
Have a great day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts