1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
The military is not exempt from our systemic 'lowering of the bar' for personal character/responsibility/accountability. These don't seem to be recent recruits, freshly plucked from the stupidity tree - at least not the two with ranks ID'd. These are NCOs, for crying out loud! I wonder how much ammo is really missing - across the board??

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
There's so much to unfold. First, that's not much ammo. The only reason anyone even missed it is because they got caught. That's maybe 30 second's worth of work to load into a truck.

And these guys were apparently planning to overthrow the government? So, you've got 6 idiots with 14K rounds. What are they gonna do? Run back to the truck to reload their mags?

·
Registered
9mm,45acp,400cb,30-06 - small primers forever.
2,327 Posts
The military is not exempt from our systemic 'lowering of the bar' for personal character/responsibility/accountability. These don't seem to be recent recruits, freshly plucked from the stupidity tree - at least not the two with ranks ID'd. These are NCOs, for crying out loud! I wonder how much ammo is really missing - across the board??
If folks were unaware: quartermasters and inventory are always suspect. Forever. NCO's, officers - doesn't matter if there is money to be made.

·
Registered
574 Posts
IMO they face a Courts Martial, hard time in Fort Leavenworth and Dishonorable discharges... minimum. They may also face more charges as in addition to being afoul of the UCMJ, they have also violated Federal laws. And no, it's not double jeopardy as anyone who has served understands. Six wasted lives for nothing.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nothing new here... Soldiers have been doing that since about 5 min after the first cartridge guns were invented. Only these days the DOD has a lot less sense of humor about it. Well, play stupid games....

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nothing new here... Soldiers have been doing that since about 5 min after the first cartridge guns were invented. Only these days the DOD has a lot less sense of humor about it. Well, play stupid games....
I'll bet that there was a day when flints, balls and barrels of powder came up missing from government stores.

·
Administrator
78,171 Posts
I'll bet that there was a day when flints, balls and barrels of powder came up missing from government stores.
When the Civil War ended most soldiers on both sides were allowed to simply disband from their regiments and go home, and most took their issue rifles home with them as well. According to the documentaries I watched that was when America first became the most heavily-armed civilian population on Earth.

BTW the article stated that among the charges they faced was possession of an unregistered firearm. I know WA is going downhill fast, but we do not have gun registration here (yet). Maybe it was an SBR or machine gun?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Guessing this is a first missing government property?
Hear of pearson working for the government have you seen a titanium barn.
They don't have it anymore and no retirement free meals.

·
Registered
628 Posts
These guys are whack jobs. They got caught because they were on the net , preaching govt overthrow. Before the terrorist and mass shootings nobody would worry about such things. The ammo isn’t the big deal, it’s their intentions. Did you notice that they aren’t described as White Supremacist.
There are millions of Americans that feel the same way these Airmen do. They are smart enough to know that it’s not going to be solved by shooting anyone. When people start popping off like this I ask them, who are you going to shoot? What would it change? I think the Democrats are hoping that some on the Right will crack and do something stupid. This will give them excuse to use emergency powers and you know what that will bring.
It’s a shame these guys are going to get hammered for politics. Americans have to wait this out and try to solve this at the ballot box, before you reach for the cartridge box. The Biden Adm. has destabilized the world. Everything is spinning from economy to nuclear war. If we are lucky we are going to see people going to jail for what they have done and country will recover. Just hang loose and let Democrats own what they have done.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The anti-government social media posts certainly didn't help one of these guys. When will these idiots learn?

Full disclosure, I never broke into any depots to steal ammo or equipment when I was in, but whenever we ran our pistol ranges, we always had a ton of leftover ammo due to some SNCOs and officers not showing up for quals. It was far easier to just keep this leftover ammo quietly than to go through the administrative hoops of turning it back in. Everything was done on paper back then and it was just more work for us and even more work for the guys in the ammo bunkers to recount and recirculate all the loose stuff back into the inventory. It was pretty much an unspoken rule, if you requisition the ammo, you better shoot it up because those guys DID NOT want it back. This often led to me having A LOT of cheap .45 and 9mm target ammo to burn up on the weekends. My SNCOs and officers knew about this and trusted me enough that I would not do anything nefarious, so they just looked the other way (it was an administrative pain in the ass for them too).

I still have a few boxes left over for sentimental reasons. It was a great time, and I had a lot of fun, but we never sold the stuff or profited from it financially.
Brown Wood Rectangle Office equipment Font

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Let me know when they start stealing Javelins and Stingers.

Reactions: et2041 and obparham

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
A co-worker was in the National Guard in the early 70s. During summer training he said they would always truckloads of 7.62X51mm and were told not to come back until they had fired it all. He said it was not uncommon for a case or two to get stashed along the road to later retrieval. The closer to time to go home, the more likely it would be to get stashed. At least that's what he claimed.

Grumpy

1 - 20 of 44 Posts