1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found an old box:

Black oxide is wearing off of the thumb safety, and the slide has been racked a few times- but still unfired post factory....

·
Premium Member
20,303 Posts
One of the very first ones. I loved those original Kimbers.

·
Administrator
72,512 Posts
If you ever decide to fire it you'll likely find that it shoots very low. I bought one very close to yours , SN 0022xx, and mine had a too-tall front sight. Two identical pistols reviewed by Handguns magazine also shot low. Of course the solution is to file down the front sight, but that would hurt the collectibility.

If it were mine I'd just shoot it and enjoy it. Why let the next guy have the pleasure of depriving it of its virginity?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine has serial number 97xx. Not a collector. I stoned the front sight down slightly to get it to hit where I wanted it to hit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you ever decide to fire it you'll likely find that it shoots very low. I bought one very close to yours , SN 0022xx, and mine had a too-tall front sight. Two identical pistols reviewed by Handguns magazine also shot low. Of course the solution is to file down the front sight, but that would hurt the collectibility.

If it were mine I'd just shoot it and enjoy it. Why let the next guy have the pleasure of depriving it of its virginity?
This is true. Mine shot 9 inches low and 4 inches left at about 15 yards. Shoots right on now. Years ago I had Kimber recut the slide for a adjustable rear sight. It now has a Bomar rear and fiber optic front. Still shoots great.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Your safe has been holding out on you! Check more often it may have developed the habit?😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts