1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to a dealer at the big Crossroads of the West show this weekend and he said that Colt was releasing a Series 70 Combat Commander in about June.

Now, I was about to pony up the $$$ for a new Series 70 when I said that I really wanted a new CC to replace my old Series 80 CC. That's when he told me about it, knowing that it would cost him a sale...which makes me think it is true.

Anyone heard anything?

Buhman

·
Registered
313 Posts
bushman66,

I was going to buy a full size series 70 myself. But now I think I will wait and see if it's true. If yes I'll take one in blue.

:rock:

·
Administrator
74,631 Posts
Series 70 Lightweight Commander in .38 Super. Howzaboudit? :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wish someone had told me about this.....

You can always count on the forum members for the latest!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remember guys, this was just coming from the mouth of a dealer...no idea if this is true or not...

I truly hope it is, and would love it if Colt brought out a lightweight Commander (in .45 ACP for me, thank you).

:D :D

·
Registered
27,692 Posts
Well since the guy at the Colt factory knows nothing of it, it is false. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good rumor. :D

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
BillD said:
Well since the guy at the Colt factory knows nothing of it, it is false. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good rumor. :D
exactly! The fact of the matter is, they are building a 70 Series stainless LW Comander in 10mm, they will have 2 versions, one, the standard NRM style and the other the new XSS that will have all of the features of the original XS Commander but with Novak tritiums. Neither will have the FCS's of the original XS or current XSE model and they will also produce them in 9mm, 38 super, 9x23, and 45acp.:eek:

·
Registered
27,692 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose I could send you the deposit for that LW 70 in .45?;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Mark1648 said:
Hey Mark, since this seems to be a rumor.....back in early November you mentioned that you would be releasing the projected model build list for 2004. Any chance of that happening?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts