1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys for quick replay.To day I detail cleaned and lubed the RZ I dont have the capability of the pictures at this time,but soon I will have some for you guys.Iggy I fallowed your direction it came one piece FLGR and maybe hundred times Ipulled the slide you were right it was very tight but it gets better.Potthawg serrations are forward nothing fancy about it.I will take this babe to the local range this saturday, Ihave a assortman of factory loads (350) only concern I have extractor some of the loads does not cycle as soomoth as the others.I also need some advice about the magazines what brand should I purchase ?Thanks again.
Kursat.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
kursat

My RZ came with Metal Form mags and I have since obtained some more of the same with good results.

There is a good Thread on adjusting the extractor if you need to at the Top of the Opening Forum Screen.. In the How To's files..

The RZ is tight and you may find initially that it is a bit finicky about specific ammunition. Mine choked on some 20 year old reloads that had worked fine in a Wyoming Arms 10mm, but then 3/8 in bolts would chamber in it!!.
When I measured them I found they were overlength.. When I adjusted that I quit having trouble, The chamber on this gun ain't like an old coat sleeve, . Like I said shoot the hell out of it..
It is just like the engine in a car.. It is tight and needs to work itself in just like seating the rings and polishing the cylinders and pistons...

The more rounds down the pipe the bigger the smile gets..:)

If you hit some snags there is help on this forum and a phone call to Bob at DW will get you results you won't believe..

Have fun and start shootin'!!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Good advice.....

Ole Iggy is telling it straight. Some of us had a bit of trouble with extractor tension. If you're not familiar with the method to properly adjust it, do a search here, and you'll be ready just in case. I don't really expect you'll have any trouble with your RZ,but if you do have extraction problems you'll be all set for a quick fix.

Most likely you will be amazed at how accurate your Hawg is gonna be. :eek:

Please give us the details after you've got it good and dirty. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts