1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On #42 the bushing has never been tight. You can turn it easily by hand, and it looks like there's about 20 thousandths or so of fore-and-aft free play. The bushing will also slide right off of the barrel by gravity.

The gun shot all right, actually probably better than I can, so I wasn't real worried about it. However, I went to the range this last Monday evening and the shots were all over the place. Nothing you'd call a group. I thought it was just me having a bad day but on cleaning the gun I found that the slot in the slide for the bushing lug shows a bit of peening in the area the lug would be in with the gun assembled.

Anyone else see peening like that or should I send it back?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't have an RZ but with that much play I'd send it back.
Better to have DW check it out and make it right than to risk damaging it beyond repair.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would send it back or try another bushing, on all my RZ's the bushings are very tight. You cant turn them by hand very easily.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Parker,

RZ16 can just barely be turned by hand. This is after over 2000 rnds and I clean it every time. My guess is that I have cleaned it say 9 or 10 times. I did have it torn apart a lot when it was new though.

I guess I would talk to Bob. The one thing I have learned with DW is that they take care of the customer.

Now if they would just fix the dye leaking from the grips......

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I suppose I'll send it back since no one is saying that they've seen any peening of the slide by the bushing. That suggests the gun is having a real problem and it isn't just me. I didn't want to send it back but the slide is one of the few parts that are hard to get replaced in the field (not that I know for a fact that it'll have to be replaced).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts