1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local gunshop has one of these for $300.00 with Novak sights but I've not seen much about this company that I think is called Shooters Arms Manufacturing in the Philppines and improted by Cenentury Arms. Any info greatly appreciated!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Lubecktech said:
A local gunshop has one of these for $300.00 with Novak sights but I've not seen much about this company that I think is called Shooters Arms Manufacturing in the Philppines and improted by Cenentury Arms. Any info greatly appreciated!!!!:cool:

lubecktech,

Mine need some work before it performed properly. First the barrel bushing needs replacing and most likely the barrel itself. Mine had so many machining marks inside I couldn't see hardly any rifling! I also tossed-out the magazines and use better ones. Now it shoots much better than when it was out of the box. Groups are decent now and is a decent combat pistol.

The over all looks like it can from the parts bin. The frame looks different from the slide and the factory gave it a very lousey blueing job. Now the frame has a nice brownish look to it compared to the slide. The slide itself has a terrible looking rib on top. I hate the looks of it on top although it probably makes the slide stronger. It's well polished and nicely contoured having no sharp edges. The sights are typical 1911 GI combat type. I swaped out the firing pin spring as it was too strong to make it go boom when the trigger was pulled. In addition I changed the recoil spring to a slightly stronger version.

Over all it's just an OK pistol in my book. For the money it goes bang and can't say how long the parts will last for a completely casted pistol. It's good to toss in my backpack or wear on my hip out in the field. That way my good toys won'y get banged-up.

Phil, I purchased mine about 6 years ago. The newer ones might have been improved compared to my example. Everything I swaped out may have been improved on so perhaps you may get a better version. Just be aware that if you decide to buy one give it a GOOD looking over first. Just be prepared to spend a little more money to make it work to your satisfaction. You may decide to swap out all the parts. The frame and slide are soild pieces despite what i said.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Lubecktech said:

lubecktech,

Mine needed some work before it performed properly. First the barrel bushing needs replacing and most likely the barrel itself. Mine had so many machining marks inside I couldn't see hardly any rifling! I also tossed-out the magazines and use better ones. Now it shoots much better than when it was out of the box. Groups are decent now and is a decent combat pistol.

The over all looks like it came from the parts bin. The frame looks different from the slide and the factory gave it a very lousey blueing job. Now the frame has a nice brownish look to it compared to the slide. The slide itself has a terrible looking rib on top. I hate the looks of it on top although it probably makes the slide stronger. It's well polished and nicely contoured having no sharp edges. The sights are typical 1911 GI combat type. I swaped out the firing pin spring as it was too strong to make it go boom when the trigger was pulled. In addition I changed the recoil spring to a slightly stronger version.

Over all it's just an OK pistol in my book. For the money it goes bang and can't say how long the parts will last for a completely casted pistol. It's good to toss in my backpack or wear on my hip out in the field. That way my good toys won't get banged-up. I do know that it goes bang every time the triggers pulled. At least I can say that positively about that. Now.

Phil, I purchased mine about 6 years ago. The newer ones might have been improved compared to my example. Everything I swaped out may have been improved on so perhaps you may get a better version. Just be aware that if you decide to buy one give it a GOOD looking over first. Just be prepared to spend a little more money to make it work to your satisfaction. You may decide to swap out all the parts. The frame and slide are soild pieces despite what I said in all honesty. Good luck in your final decision

rimfire,22

·
Registered
423 Posts
got mine 2 years ago, and its just dandy, quality and finish is every bit as good as my Colt 1991. i got it home ran a swab down the barrel and put 50 rds of 230 gr fmj through it no problem. i did not lube it or nothing, just right out of the box. i am a terrible pistol shot so i can not attest to any sorts of accuracy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts