1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 1991-A1 colt commander last friday,and took it today to my range. I used Wolf 230 gr. F.M.J. @ 30ft. i was hitting the 10 range,to 2.75" it cycled with out flaw. for the money the gun is Great! I carry in a inside the pants holster. to Colt mfg. keep up the great work on your guns. i will keep buying more!

------------------

Lover of the Outdoors

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also have bought three Colt 1911s since mid-summer. A SS Gold Cup, Combat Commander XSE, and 1911 repro have functioned without fail. The triggers on all three were above average also. I also obtained a Kimber Gold Combat in the same time period. With 400 rounds through it, it now is functioning. I expected the Colts to work, and they did. I have several other Colt pistols and revolvers and have never experienced any problems. I may have been lucky, but the experience has certainly made me a Colt fan.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've picked up two Colt's in the past couple months. A Series 80 1991A1 matte blue and a Series 90 Defender. Both have performed flawlessly with the exception of the 1991A1 doesn't like 165 gr Hydra-Shoks. It feeds every thing else I've tried, even flat nosed lead reloads. The Defender eats everything you put in it. I'm real pleased with both:D

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Col132 I'm with ya here, no negative posts in quite a while, and another thing, look at the number of posts we have on the Colt board, Hartford must be doing something right.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Ken

·
Administrator
74,401 Posts
I've already splattered praises about my new Colt all over the forum. The only negatives were regarding some of the small parts, which of course are easily replaced.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have a S.S. Gold Cup Trophy and a S.S.1991A1 Commander model and they function fine, no trouble at all. I'm really impressed. I started out looking for an XS Gov't or Commander model and ended up with these. Got side tracked but that's ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts