1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 9mm pro last week and was able to shoot it for the first time today. I put approximatey 250 rounds down range and am happy to say it shot great. No malfunctions and was quite accurate. At 50 yards all shots were on target and in the scoring area. The only thing I may change is the grips and trigger. I prefer a short trigger. Anyway, I think I'll be happy with this 1911.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I just put one on layaway today, hope to pay it off in full in a couple of weeks when I get paid for a pistol I'm selling. I've been looking into 9mm 1911's for a while, actually I've been looking into anything heavy, steel and 9mm, and in the process of doing so, I would compare every candidate to a 1911. So I figured why not just get a 1911... I know I'll be happy with it and I know that anything else will leave me feeling a bit unsatisfied since it would not be a 1911. I settled on the S&W because of all the reports of reliability, features and price. Oh, and no FCS. That's a big selling point too! :biglaugh:

I'm really looking forward to picking this up and shooting in some Steel and USPSA matches with it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WhoIsJohnGalt,
you won't regret getting the S&W 9mm 1911. So far it's been a great shooting pistol. Well over 1000 rounds and not one single malfunction. The more I shoot it the more I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
WhoIsJohnGalt,
you won't regret getting the S&W 9mm 1911. So far it's been a great shooting pistol. Well over 1000 rounds and not one single malfunction. The more I shoot it the more I like it.
How do you like the factory grips? Are they pretty wide? They look interesting (and nice) but I typically run slim grips on my 1911's.

Very pleased to hear about how reliable it's been for you. How is the trigger breaking in?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How do you like the factory grips? Are they pretty wide? They look interesting (and nice) but I typically run slim grips on my 1911's.

Very pleased to hear about how reliable it's been for you. How is the trigger breaking in?
The grips were changed to a slimer pair. I also changer the trigger to a short one. The trigger pull is very nice, no complaints there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts