1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LGS has a S&W 1911PD Gunsite for sale. I called S&W and it is a 2006 model. The gun appears to be in excellent condition and comes with 2 mags and no box or doc's. There asking price is $800. I am not familiar with this PD model and/or Gunsite. Is this a good price and is the pistol a good one to own? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
That is a great price on an excellent lightweight Commander sized pistol. Mine will feed anything and has become one of my favorite carry pistols. They don't make these anymore (why, I wonder?). Pick it up while you can.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I love mine and carry it about 70% of the time. Great gun to own, shoot, and carry.

I would not hesitate to get it for $800. Jump tomorrow before it is gone. If you pass let me know who to call so I can get it :)

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
I'm very happy with my "Gunsite". The trigger was very loose on my particular gun, and the slide stop hole in the frame was oversized. I have addressed both "issues" and also installed a tighter fitting barrel bushing

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
That is a great looking S&W Gunsite! It's such a nice gun I am very surprised it's been discontinued. It's just about perfect for a carry gun. No sharp edges, lightweight, brass bead front sight, and will feed anything. Mine is very accurate too.

·
Premium Member
5,496 Posts
That is a great looking S&W Gunsite! It's such a nice gun I am very surprised it's been discontinued. It's just about perfect for a carry gun. No sharp edges, lightweight, brass bead front sight, and will feed anything. Mine is very accurate too.

Here's a couple targets from mine. 50' standing

·
Registered
208 Posts
My Gunsite model is a great carry piece. I sent it back to S&W and they replaced the ejector with a longer one so the brass would eject better, no problem since then.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I decided to buy the PD Gunsite. I field stripped it and it appears to be as near to new as it can be. I don't think it was shot much at all. Everything looked good. I'm going to try to get to the range tomorrow. I would like to find a pair of the original Gunsite grips. If anyone has a set they want to get rid of let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts