1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Seems to be getting a might pricey, $701 and hasn't hit the reserve yet. It's nice but it doesn't strike as that nice. The factory letter is classic piece of mental masturbation, just like many Colt letters, it only tells that they made and sent it to Springfield Armory from there, the trail is cold. Big deal.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
At $700 it's already at the top end of it's value, spend a couple more dollars and get one with the cylinder that rotates in the correct direction....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Depending on how much S&W charges for their "letters" I might go a little higher, but as AngelDeville pointed out the gun is already that top of it's value.

That said, this price could seem a bargin in a few short years. YMMV

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
It's in nicer condition than mine, but I paid maybe $450 for mine a couple of years ago. Many (most?) Colt M1917s were arsenal refinished and retained after WW1 and original finished pistols are probably liberated. Less (few?) S&W M1917s were retained. I'm unaware of the reasons.

These are nice shooting revolvers. And the cylinder release works the "right way." :biglaugh:

-- Chuck

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
There's an article on these guns in the current issue of The American Rifleman. I have passed my issue on but as I recall, they put a value of up to $1000 on this model because of it's rarity. I certainly don't think they are worth that much, but I'm just passing on what I recently read. Maybe someone can correct me on the article.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts