1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Jerry Miceluk 625 .45ACP revolver. Pick it up tomorrow. Any inputs to this revolver. Its new, and when I saw it, it was love at first sight!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Have one and think that it is great. For personal tastes traded out the gold bead for a red fiber optic and replaced the grips with Hogue grips. Have used it for several USPSA matches and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Hope that you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Owned one for about two years, and a well-made gun. I got rid of the JM stocks for a set of Ahrends, since they fit my hand so badly. Very smooth action, and superb quality.

Last year, I located a Model 625-3, Model of 1989, with a 5" barrel, and traded off the JM. The longer barrel felt better balanced, and the action on the older 625 was a bit smoother. The JM just wasn't "my gun".

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
While I shoot a 625 Model of 1989, I really like the JM version except for the grips which I don't find comfortable. I think you made a nice decision to buy it and I know you will enjoy shooting it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My buddy has a 625JM. He loves it. I've been looking for either a 625 JM or Model 625 or 25 for a while.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have one as well. In a month I have about a thousand rounds thru it. I find the gun EXTREMELY pleasant to shoot with Pachmayrs and 185gn handloads. With the factory, JM grips I wasn't so happy. They seem to fit some, just not me. I am having a bit of work done to the cylinder to aid in faster reloads. Not necessary but something I wanted done as I will be shooting this in local matches.

Good luck with it. Be sure to post a picture.

C

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
A 45 ACP S&W revolver should be a staple for any fan of the .45ACP cartridge.

I had a 5" Classic that I sold and regretted.

After finding a NIB 22-4 I didn't feel so bad:

·
Registered
23,227 Posts
If new to you then Brownells used to sell the moon clips for a good price. Next you want a nice demooner at least. I love mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is a tack driver. I like the grips & the satin finish. Like the gold Bead front site, order 1 for my 41 mag=657, from Midway. It has a FO (red) on there now.
To keep the grips clean I did replace with Houge.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I got one of the first 1-60 of these made, actual serial number somewhere in between the above numbers and it is a superb shooter!!! You won't regret buying one of these.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I've had the JM for about 5 years, shot a year worth of IDPA plus practice with it and still shoot it some. It's the funnest revolver I have. Maybe the funnest all round handgun. I like the gold bead for IDPA. I put Hogues on it when I got it, then put the wood back on it and gave them another try, now, I really like the JM grips, bought a set for my 586 but they are smaller than those on the 625, I'll probably go back to the Hogues for the 586. If you are gonna shoot bullseye with it it will need a nice black front sight, can't get a good sight picture with the bead.
My 2 cents worth after about 10,000 rounds thru it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I have a 625 w/5" Bbbl. in .45 ACP
& enjoy it a lot.
Mine has had the Master Revolver Action Job
and sports Guy Hogue rosewood grips. Some like the JM grips
some people don't

Full Moon Clips - I got some from WIlson Combat
& WC sells a demooner for $3

They also shoot the ..45 Auto Rim which is a
conventional rimmed case that doesn't require
the moon clips. .45 AR is available
from the smaller ammo makers, like Double Tap,
Buffalo Bore, Reeds Ammo & Research and others

Randall

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
I shot my 625 today at the range. It is one fantastic gun. I reload Auto Rim ammo to avoid using moon clips.

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I think Jerry is the only one that likes those grips.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts