1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this new 625 JM a couple weeks ago. Ive always wanted a 45acp revolver I found this one at my LGS he had just gotten it in so I asked to look at it. I always bring my bore light and feeler gauge with me so I went over it with a fine tooth comb. The fit & finish was very nice the barrel gap measured .004 , timing and lock up was perfect. The barrel was not canted everything looked good. This revolver is a dream to shoot very accurate. This was my first time using moon clips so I only ran 50 rds through it so far. Found out real quick that I was going to need a moon clip tool to unload the clips. Ordered one from Brownells that is in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Shooting 45acp revolvers has become my favorite. I have 3 a 625-2 1988 model a 325sc & a 325pd 4". The moonclip loader is a must to preserve your hands. When my moonclip loader breaks I will replace it with the BMT.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have one and don't take it out very often. 45 ACP in a gun that big doesn't have enough pizzazz to excite me. I also get leading so bad that I had to reserve the gun for jacketed bullets. Tried everything and am just not going to make a career out of pursuing a solution. I must say that the gun is supremely accurate and certainly fun in that regard.

I also have the 625 Performance Center, bought for the difference in rifling to address the leading. Somewhat better, but there is still work to do when cleaning it. That EDM rifling in modern S&W guns and my desire to shoot lead has ended most of my interest in S&W. Old guns too, as I find the throats too tight for lead and the guns too valuable to mess with them. Maybe I need an old 625 beater that I can tweak without conscience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts