1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on consignment at a local gun shop. Fantastic crisp trigger pull.
The checking on the grips are to sharp so I bought a smooth pair from Houge.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
You did very well in picking it up. It will prove to be a remarkably accurate shooter. Be sure to keep the Briley bushing wet. Enjoy it!
I have a S&W 945 and it's a favorite among many fine pistols.

·
Registered
23,235 Posts
I used to shoot bullseye back in the 60s and 70s. I am not that old by the way. I was in prep school and then college back then. Anyway I had a Gold Cup for 45, a S&W 52, and a S&W 41. As much as I love my Gold Cups, and I sort of collect them, I wish I had had a 945 back then. Mine was one of the first ones so I think a dash nothing. The Aluminum cases they came in back then were a nice touch.

By the way if anyone has an 845, then post a picture of one of those.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My dad and I each have early production full size 945 guns. (they made compact and sub compact versions).
With good ammo they shoot like lasers, zero malfunctions, trigger pulls as good as nighthawk or WC.

·
Registered
931 Posts
When did Smith stop making maybe the finest centerfire pistol ever made?

·
Registered
607 Posts
According to the Standard catalog of S&W production stopped in 2005 . I have a two-tone 945-1 but mine has black stocks and was distributed by RSR instead of Camfour . The front sight appears to be different also . Wilson Combat on mine . Bo-Mar on the others ?

Go figure .....

·
Registered
607 Posts
I am curious as to what this two-tone is ? Anybody know ? Bought it off of GB about 2? years back and just wanted a target pistol . Surely this is a different run than the one's that Bob and LDL have .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.