1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure either of these guns count as 1911's but I am considering one or the other of these guns. Every time we go to the range my sons grab my kimbers and it takes a crow bar to get them away, so I am looking at a very good shooter for my self. With 2 kimbers and a colt I want something else. Before I spend that much money I am looking for any advise I can get.

Old and cold in Minnesota.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Barrowing or renting one each to give them a try would be good.
They shoot and handle very different from each other. I
like the way the 945 feels in my hand and it is closer to the
1911 than the Sig. Both are great guns in there own way.
I think the 945 will cost more and is less available and will
not accept the 1911 mags. Having the 945 would be a little
more unique. Sometimes life hits us with hard decisions.
Which ever one you pick I hope you enjoy in good health.

·
Registered
22,353 Posts
I'd lean toward the 945.
I think the P220S' combination of weight - it is no heavier than a 1911, but feels as though it were - and DA first shot are limiting. Unless you are Ernest Langdon or working to catch up with him.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 220st and love it. It's a great shooter. It's reliable and accurate. I really don't think that you'd be disappointed with one. But, since these are very personal things, Sam's advise on renting is very good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For better or worse I ordered the 945 today. It was hard to find one. My local gun shop had to call 4 suppliers before he could find one. All of the suppliers he called said the gun had been discontinued. I could have gotten one on line but I prefer to use a local shop if the price is close. With luck I will shoot it on Sunday or next monday. A range report will follow. Thanks to all for the advice.

Getting older and colder in Minnesota.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts