1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 945 yesterday so today loaded up the old dog sled with bunches of guns, the old lady(I hope she dosen't read this) boxes and boxes of ammo and made a raid on southern regions. Namely Armored Fire in Circle pines MN. The first four shots made one ragged hole at about 15 yards. 1 flyer, must have been the ammo instead of my shooting. The next 3 in the same ragged hole. Nothing can shoot this well out of the box. Next 8 same thing, 1 flyer and 7 in one ragged hole. Next mag 2 wolf, 2 win hollow points, 2 umc, and 2 rem hollowpoints. 8 staight bangs with out a hiccup. Shot about 125 more rounds of several brands and not one problem. I like my glocks, and love my kimbers but this gun is unbelivable. I can't wait until next weekend when I get to shoot this majic gun again. Some one on another thread asked who would be the next "kimber" to take the market by storm. If their 1911 is anything like the 945 then S&W may be it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Another happy 945 owner!

I love mine!

The very first string out of it. 15 yards 200 LRN on 4.8gr of 231 over armrests.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have finally had a chance to put some rounds through my 945 and after about 400 the patterns are starting to tighten up nicely. This has been with a wide varity of ammo, wolf, S&B, American Ammo, PMC, and wally world white box. It seems to like the S&B best. Aside from a couple of bore cleanings and some lube on the rails it hasn't been cleaned. The last 2 mags I shot had 1 stove pipe and 2 fails to lock after the last round so it looks like a good cleaning is now going to be needed. I'm still very pleased with the gun and now prefer it over my kimbers or my colt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts