1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I do and I love it.
If you look at the S&W forum under automatic pistols you will find a lot of folks are pleased.
As a note, on the Glock Talk forum a question asking what is your favorite handgun aside from the Glock, had two guns as favorites. The HK P7 and the Walther P99, which is essentially the same as the S&W 99.

Interesting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More...More...

Jenn,
A few more Qs'...

How many rds do you have through it?
Any malfunctions?
What's the trigger pull like?
Garry

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I have the Walther P99 which, as mentioned, is basically the same thing, and have had zero malfunctions of any kind, w/ any kind of ammo. My trigger was fine out of the box, but it does smooth up considerably with use as well. My single action pull is actually VERY light now. Its extremely easy to strip and clean compared to a 1911, and weighs less loaded I think than my 1911 does empty. Its also nice not to have to worry about it as much since the polymer/coated slide construction is fairly impervious. Lots to recommend them.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my 1911 even more, but the 99's have alot of good points too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
SW99

Two days ago I purchased a SW99 in 45 ACP. Took it home for a quick lube and gathered 300 rounds of ammo.

Needless to say it performed great, no FTF or FTE. The trigger was a little heavy when I started shooting but had lightened up by the time I worked my way through 300 rounds. The gun is more accurate than I can hold it as off sandbags it went 1.5 at 25 yards with WW white box. I'm going back out on friday with some match ammo and see how it does.

I like so well I might add a 9mm and 40 S&W 99's to keep the 45 company in the future.:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'll add my 2 cents...

I owned one about 3 months ago and had to sell it due to some unforseen finances... Talk about regret. They shoot well and do lighten up the trigger with usage. It was one of the BEST pistols I owned! I love my 1911's but I would carry a SW99 anytime... I highly recommend!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Son has a Walter P99 in 40 cal and it shoots fine. No problems in several trips to the range. It will prove to be a good CCW gun once he gets old enough to apply for one here in Louisiana.

I still prefer my Glock 23 over the P99 cause I just don't care for DA to SA triggers.

That and the fact that I have owned several Glocks over the years and here in south Louisiana I have carried them close to my body without the first hint of a rust problem. Greatest finish in the industry IMO.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts