1911Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
Love my S&W SW1911TA, 100% reliable thru the first 550 rounds. Looks and feels awesome, best trigger of any of the pistols I own.
You’ll really like that SW1911TA, I have one just like it and it never failed me once. Recently stripped it out and replaced all the internals and it is holding a Nelson Conversion and currently dedicated to that. Kept all the factory parts as they were so it can be changed back anytime.

·
Premium Member
5,399 Posts
This is how mine looks now, the E-Series was a great base for the project. The trigger is 2# but will bump it up to 2 1/2# to match my PII. I did the sear with a TR Sear Jig, they really have to be felt to be appreciated as it is somewhat hard to explain. Apply a little pressure and the hammer falls. Sear, hammer, disco, trigger and thumb safety all Wilson Bullet Proof parts. Mainspring housing and mag well is a Brown chainlink. A mag well is an essential part of a bullseye gun.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
See Post number 4!

Eventually they'll get it right!.....:)

This is so true.
Pictures:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
See Post number 4!

Eventually they'll get it right!.....:)

Pictures:

What started it all!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Love mine - one of my favorite carries!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
Two years ago, I got the S&W full size E Series in ,45. Went home and cleaned it up and had to go to the store for vittles. Decided I would stop at the indoor range and check it out. Got on the range and released I only had 8 rounds,so what the heck. Here is the results at 10 yards. This pistol is sure a joy to shoot. I can do this constantly with this gun and at my age and eyesight, I can't complain.

S&W E series .45.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice; I have the exact same model and the only negative thing I can say about it is the finish on the frame is very soft and easy to scratch. Just using the safety scratches it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nice; I have the exact same model and the only negative thing I can say about it is the finish on the frame is very soft and easy to scratch. Just using the safety scratches it.
So true, It is a beautiful gun and a straight shooter. Scratches, I guess comes with the territory, and of course, use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking to purchase an E-Series S&W 1911, but can't find any information on if (if any) firing pin safety there may be. I prefer none.

Thanks

Brian

21 - 34 of 34 Posts