1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I happened upon this years ago - had been looking for a Victory model but this one just grabbed my attention for some reason. It was on GB with just a few pictures but it felt right. After receiving it, it turned out to be better than I'd expected. Still in the original 38/200 configuration with all the serial numbers, including the stocks, matching. I got a factory letter on it and it was shipped on April 17, 1942 to the Hartford Ordnance Depot which was the Eastern Regional Distribution Center for the Lend Lease Program. Not sure how it found its way back to the US after it left British service - no import marks on it.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Font

Office supplies Office equipment Writing implement Air gun Line

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Ammunition

Air gun Vehicle Office equipment Trigger Font

Steering wheel Automotive mirror Fashion accessory Vehicle door Wool

·
Registered
248 Posts
Classic beauty.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Devious_6

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it me or is that a hat band from a felt Stetson? The reason I say that is the knots look like acorns…
Kinda looks like it doesn't it? Both the brown and green British versions of these lanyards had the corded knots from what I've seen in pictures.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Those Brit lanyards a a bit tough to get into US style lanyard rings. VERY cool revolver my friend, a real piece of history there.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Nice! Probably imported back in the 50s~60, long before importers markings were required.

Before the GCA-68 , the American Rifleman and other gun magazine had full-page ads for surplus firearms. Rifles , pistols , ammo. Mail order to your door. Probably $19.95 + S&H. No background checks , no 4473 form , no registration.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few other pictures of the SN parts. Stocks are hard to read - stamped pretty deeply.

Tints and shades Bumper Font Auto part Electric blue

Vision care Goggles Sunglasses Body jewelry Eyewear

Brown Outerwear Wood Road surface Sleeve

Reactions: mkk41

·
Administrator
76,542 Posts
Nice-looking unit. It's getting harder to find clean, unmolested Victory revolvers and the prices are starting to climb as a result. There was a time when they were cheap and easy to find, but they're fast disappearing into collections. I managed to grab a really clean .38 Special Victory earlier this year for a good price. I'm seeing similar ones sell on GB for double what I paid.

Reactions: Devious_6
1 - 10 of 10 Posts