1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S&W Model 1066 stainless 10mm auto with a factory 4 1/4 barrel. I am wondering is anyone knows of a 'drop-in' type barrel in .40 S&W for this pistol? Most of the S&W autos in .40 cal have 4" barrels - so that isn't a possibility. I had a Colt DE and this S&W shot circles around it, so I hate to give it up! Regards, NAA

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 1066 too. I seem to remember a kit to convert to .40 Short & Weak, but I can't remember who made it or where I saw it. I recently found some remanufactured ammo on cheaperthandirt.com for a reasonable price that was pretty good. I have been using it for practice. I like the full blown Cor-Bon for defense. They aren't scared to load the 10mm to its potential.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Why do you want a 40 S&W barrel? If you want to shoot 40 S&W loads, use a lighter 10mm loading. Most Blazer and factory specs are at 40 S&W levels anyway. Regarding ammo availability, natchezss.com and aammoman.com would have the lighter (standard) factory loadings. It is not worth buying teh barrel, I assure you. If you want to spend the cash on a barrel, and maybe some tweaking of teh mags, divert the money towards some relaoding equipment. 40 S&W is already built into the exisiting cartridges on the shelf, and labeled as 10mm. This is a pity, but that is the way it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts