1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here had the chance to shoot the 44 spec from Thunder Ranch? I bought one some time back and I like how it shoots and feels in my hands. I'll admit that you can't always walk into your local store and buy the ammo, but I like shooting it because it is different.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,293 Posts
I have the similar M22 Thunder Ranch .45. It's the only revolver that I have liked enough, over the last fifteen years, to buy. It didn't shoot to point of aim when I got it, but a bit of work on the front sight got POA/POI in agreement. I definitely do not count myself among the members of the .44 Special cult, but don't begrudge anyone their preferences. A supply of brass will keep any caliber in action; I have small stockpiles of .45 Auto Rim, .30 Luger, 10mm, and other calibers that aren't always readily available as loaded ammo.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have a pair of 21s. One with the TR crest and one without. The TR gun has been fired. I changed the grips to a Eagle Heritage (converts the round to a square butt). The guns shoots good especially with the 200gr ammo, I quess this is what it is sighted in for. You can find ammo @ Cabelas, MidwayUSA, and Sportsman's Guide. The Cowboy ammo is less expensive to shoot. I handload and can load a box for about 3 or 4 bucks, but I have a lot of components that I bought in bulk years ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also have two 21s - one with and one without the gold doodad. My 21s have both been fired, but the "plain" one goes to the range these days. It's wearing some Ahrends finger groove grips these days. I shoot a 200 gr LFN over a nice batch of W-231 and it puts them pretty close together at 7 yards.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I've been shooting this one shortly after they were introduced. Mine is an early model but with the Black Hills .44 Special load it shoots to point of aim.

Black Hills recently released a second run of the ammo and I stocked up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Those look like Herrett's, Cigardad. Very nice. I have a set myself but they were built for a 629 and they're a little too high on the backstrap for the 21.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
These are actually BluMagnums made by Ted Adamovich and thanks for the kind words.

They are round to square conversions and feel pretty good in my medium hands.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have one, like everything about it including the stocks. This is the first revolver I have ever owned that I did not change the stocks on. Have not had a chance to shoot it much, but what I have I like, plane to shoot and carry it a lot. Hope one day to run up on its brother the TRS M22, when I have the cash in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Here is a stock photo of the Eagle Heritage grip. It is available in square butt or round/conversion to sq. Sorry I don't have a pic of these on my TR21. They look and feel great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts