1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have any experience with this revolver? How does it perform? The last S&W catalog I had (2007)didn't have a price for it, so how much do they usually cost?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Got a picture of it? Im to lazy to go to the website. Im guessing if it does not have a price its a performance center. So its going to be pricey...

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
There are some on the auction sites. They are going for around $750. ish.

Bob

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good looking revolver....except for that zit.

There was a fellow at the range Sunday shooting a 686 SSR. I was shooting my 686 3" CS-1. We talked about revolvers, and I shot his 686 SSR, while he shot my CS-1.

He loved the smooth trigger, and went on about how accurate the 3" barrel CS-1 was.

The SSR felt well balanced, had a rough trigger, almost gritty. The grips felt sandpaper rough, and were ill fitting at the top. I shot a 3" group at 15 yards with it, and the fellow thought that was great. I was surprised when he told me he had over $700 in the gun.

I did not find the SSR to be as accurate as my 4" 686-3, or 4" 686-4, or 3" 686 CS-1. I did not have the heart to tell that fella how little I had in my revolver. IMHO, not a lot of gun for the money. The IL would keep me from buying it in any case, and renders it unsuitable for carry, IMHO. Regards 18DAI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts