1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Springfield Armory 7 round 1911 magazines

How do you guys like Springfield Armory 7 round 1911 magazines?

I have 10 of these for my stainless SA Loaded and have not fully exercised them yet and am wondering how others like them compared to other magazines they use.

By the way - who makes Springfield Armory 1911 magazines?

Thanks for your input.

Luke

· Registered
632 Posts
I thought they were MecGars but I might be wrong. Not even sure if that is how to spell Mecgar.
But I have a few myself and prefer the mil-spec style to any other mag. I haven't shot them enough to know if they are fully reliable in all my 1911s but my Springer works fine with the mag that came with it.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Largo said:
SA OEM mags are manufactured by Metalform. Upgrade them with a Wolff 11lb spring and you will have a great magazine.

How do you disassemble them to replace the spring as the base plates are welded on?

Luke

· Registered
114 Posts
IS, the way I disassemble my 9mm mags is to depress spring deep into mag and pin across witness holes, then turn upside down to shake out the follower. Just be careful removing pin, as spring under compression will fly out of mag body. Assembly is just the reverse, Mikehp

· Registered
146 Posts
I'm a fan of the SA factory mags. I didn't know they were made by metalform until now. They've always worked well for me, and when I've been in class I put my faith in the SA factory mags and Wilson Combat. I ended up getting rid of all the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.