1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's how it went. I bought a sa black/stainless .45. When I took it to the range it shot all over the target so I had a trigger job done. In the process of doing the trigger job the gunsmith said that it had a 6.25 lb pull from the factory. He took it down to 3.5 lb's, put an 11 lb spring in it, welded up the rear barrel lug and hand fitted, installed a match bushing and grip tape on the front of the grip. I took it to the range yesterday and shot a 1.5" group at 50 yds off a wooden box rest, just resting the heels of my hands on it, not the gun. A friend is going to let me borrow his ransom rest in a couple of weeks so I will keep you all posted as to what happens then. I am shooting
win brass
fed primers
valiant 160gr lswc
4.4gr bullseye

Laddie.

· Registered
2,944 Posts
Was that an 11-pound mainspring, or Recoil spring? If it was a recoil spring, be sure and put at least a 16-lb recoil spring back in the gun prior to firing any hardball or self-defense loads in it. also after doing so, load two rounds of the hot stuff in several magazines and fire 'em to make sure the gun doesn't go full-auto.

· Registered
1,490 Posts
Nearby Hendersonville, Laddie. I will probably be wandering around the gun show at the Asheville Civic Center on Saturday. I'll be carrying a green Israeli miltary map case ( with red parachute wings on front flap ). Other identifying characteristics: middle aged, 5'10", glasses. If you are there and see me, please introduce yourself.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't make it have to work. I will be at fire station #3 on louisiana ave off of patton ave in west asheville. Will be there for 24hrs so drop in if you are close by.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.