1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for the knowledgable gun guru's here.

I have a SA Champion model with the ILS system in the mainspring housing. Is it possible to replace this with a S&A mag well, or any after market main spring housing?

I am also having difficulty finding a source of recoil springs and FLGR's for this model. Can I use Commander springs and FLGR's, even though the Commander is .250 longer?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Double Tap,

Both Wilson's and Wolfe Springs offer recoil springs for the Champions. These are a different spring than the ones used for the Commander.

Wilson also offers a two piece FLGR for your Champion. From my understanding, any main spring housing for a Government Model should interchange with the locking one that came with your pistol.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think there is another part that must be replaced as well...Seems like someone just asked/answered this recently...Have you tried a search on the ILS in the Springfield forum?
Maybe someone else will pick up on it...I know there are many who dislike that set-up...I have a Champion BTW...If there's something else I can help with, drop me a note off-list and I'll give ya' my take on 'em...You might contact Brownells'...They have been VERY helpful to me...

g

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
You can replace it with any standard MSH. However, you will need to also get a new mainspring cap and mainspring cap retainer pin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts