1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have traded into a beautyful 1911 Compact. All steel. The blueing is still almost 100%. A few questions. Did all these have a barrel bushing and did they all come with the short guide rod? Will I have any different results if I were to install a long or full size rod? Last 1911 I had was in the Marine Corps in the 60's and it was a Remmington Rand If I remember right.
The sn on this little Springer I just got is NMC106xx. Can it be dated by this? Any input or help would do a world of good to bring me up to speed.
Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,815 Posts
Very nice! Looks like it might be Commander-sized to me, maybe it's just the photo. Does it have a 3.5 inch barrel and a shorter grip?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rondawg said:
Very nice! Looks like it might be Commander-sized to me, maybe it's just the photo. Does it have a 3.5 inch barrel and a shorter grip?
Yes it has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
JlazyH said:
Did all these have a barrel bushing and did they all come with the short guide rod? Will I have any different results if I were to install a long or full size rod?
First answer: Yes. Go ahead and replace the recoil spring if the gun has had a lot of use. Springfield recommends 24# for the UC, IIRC.

Second answer: Age-old debate; i.e., Ford vs Chevy, Coke v. Pepsi, etc. Search these forums for answers/opinions. I have a UC, factory setup on purpose.

Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
528 Posts
JKTCJ7 said:
First answer: Yes. Go ahead and replace the recoil spring if the gun has had a lot of use. Springfield recommends 24# for the UC, IIRC.

Second answer: Age-old debate; i.e., Ford vs Chevy, Coke v. Pepsi, etc. Search these forums for answers/opinions. I have a UC, factory setup on purpose.

Cheers!

Its a Compact (discontinued) not an Ultra Compact. ;)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top