1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any luck (good or bad) with these two?? many thanks.....Could be my new "desk bound" guns.....

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I have owned both of these guns within the past year or so. I traded a blue lightweight for a stainless version. I prefer the compact over the sub compact because I feel the extra barrel/slide length and weight gives more reliability (at least in my experience). Both had the ramped barrel and both have been very reliable and accurate for a 3.9 in barrel. Great carry gun for IWB carry due to the officers model length frame. Nothing wrong with the blue one when I got rid of it, the stainless one justed looked so good laying in the case (good reason to trade, right?) Don't think you can go wrong with either model.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oddjob,

A Springfield Lightweight Matte PX9503L followed me home from a Gun Show last month.

It is sweet, accurate for its small size, and only 2 hiccups with 1st 400 rds.

But there was no clearance between the thumb safety and the plunger tube. So guess what happened? That's right - the plunger tube fell off.

Brass was also starting to bounce off my face.

Called Springfield, and got an all expenses paid round trip ticket to their repair center. A little over 3 weeks later, it's back in my hands and I'm getting itchy to get back to the range to continue breaking it in.

First trip to range, I noticed that the recoil was a bit sharp and after 160 rds. my palm was starting to give out. But, sometimes I don't know when to quit.

YMMV

I have to give it high marks for concealment whether it be on your belt on in your desk.

You can't have too many pistols.
I think I'm right about this...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've got one of the stainless aluminum compacts on order. I found it at gunfinder.com and they are shipping it to my dealer.
Looking forward to good things from it,I hope I made a good decision. Will give a report after I get it. Now if it will only get here! JS

------------------
Front sight,align,press

1 - 4 of 4 Posts