1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hat is off to SA!

I purchased a full size parkerized 1911 with Novak tritium sights. I have been working on a side contract job and trying to get a promotion at work, so I haven't had a lot of time to shoot it. However, in the last 2 weeks I've put 400 factory rounds through it and it not had a mechanical failure of any sort, even with the factory magazines!

I like the gun a lot more now that I have replaced the FLGR and old recoil spring plug with a standard size guide rod and solid face recoil spring plug. The plunger detent is a bit long, that will need replacing as well.

The gun does shoot low, but from my reading I guess that is relatively common with SA 1911s. I will probably put several hundred more rounds through it before sending it back to SA to get some scratches on the finish fixed (scratches were present when I received the pistol) and the sights fixed.

Over all, I am very happy with this pistol. I am glad I tried SA rather than avoiding them as I have in the past.

Side note: A buddy of mine has a SA GI 45. It has a stamp "Made in Brazil" on the bottom of the frame. Mine does not. Does this mean that mine was not made in Brazil, or is it just not stamped?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts