1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to share my Springer GI. Wanted an operator but they are impossible to come by in my corner of the world. Opted to go the smithy custom way to get what I wanted. Here's what I came up with:

Base gun is a SA 1911a1. Parts are a combination of Ed Brown and Wilson combat. MSH and magwell from Smith&Alexander. What do you guys think? Close enough?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Wow! That looks great! Does it shoot as good as it looks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! I shoot IDPA with my Glock 19 and I can't wait to see what I can do with this Springer in ESP division!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Looks nice. From the slide serations, it looks like you started with a Mil-Spec though, not a GI. The GI serrations are vertical, not slanted. The smith added the rail for you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. The rail was a smithy job. You're probably right about it starting out as a mil-spec. Got it 2nd hand and didn't come with any original mags. I'm 99% happy with the rail. Could have used more blending and the black chrome kinda messed up the dimensions a bit. A surefire x200 fits with a bit of elbow grease. Anyway, I'm happy with the fact that I'm one of the few in my country who have Springer 1911's. I sold an ak47 and a mossy 590a to get this piece. Colts are pretty common and Kimber has a local distributor so that puts Springfield Armory in a class by itself.. Now if only I can get my hands on a Baer....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts