1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Jus bought 2 SA HiCaps (consecutive #ed) and cant find any nicer grips. anyone know of any? I've tried the P-14 Hogue's and they DON'T fit. The screw holes don't line up. :confused:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Jus bought 2 SA HiCaps (consecutive #ed) and cant find any nicer grips.
--------------------------------------------
What model did you get ? if it was a PX9701L, i'm looking for some different grips myself. If I find some , I will let you know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Y'all -- I shoot a Hi-Cap myself and have seen this topic come up from time to time. In fact, there was a thread going just a couple of days ago about whether Para grips would fit, evidently not.

There was a thread some time back where a fellow said he had found a custom shop that would fabricate a new set of grips for a Hi-Cap but you had to send them your frame through the whole process. Other than that, I haven't heard of anything but I keep looking.

If y'all hear about anything, let me know, I'll do the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered the material to try my hand at making my own grips. I got the green canvas micarta from texasknife.com. Its the same stuff that you see on some of the custom knives of today(strider). If they turn out well I'll post some pics. Maybe matching knife gun combo? mmm.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started working on the micarta grips for the SA Hi CAP. wow this stuff is hard. I may be better off leaving this to the experts. let me know if any of you are interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts