1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At local gun shop today noticed some currently make SA model 45s didn't have the Brazil import marking anywhere. So are these SA guns now make in the USA ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
424V8,
THE SA ARE STILL MADE IN BRAZIL
I BOUGHT A CHAMPION A FEW WEEKS AGO, AND AT FIRST DIDNT SEE ANY BRAZIL MARKINGS TILL I CLEANED IT.AND NOTICED UNDER THE DUST COVER IT SAID FI BRAZIL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dgn,
I checked everywhere on the gun for the Brazil marking and no luck, this includes the underside of the dustcover. I then asked the shop owner if has another one of the same model. He brought 3 additional guns out and I checked all 3 and guess what 2 has no Brazil marking and one has the FI, Brazil marking under the dust cover. Confusing Ah !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black rifle,
does that mean it's under the right stock and that i need to take the right stock off before i can inspect the marking.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by 424v8:
Black rifle,
does that mean it's under the right stock and that i need to take the right stock off before i can inspect the marking.

Roger that. Let us know if you find a marking after you pull the right stock.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
They're still made in Brazil, whether it's marked or not...All of them...

I'd much rather hear about how it shoots and looks...How the new ones with the "loaded" treatment are shaping up, etc...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black Rifle,
went back to the shop on Saturday, no luck, owner would not let me take the right stock off becasue it's a new gun. So, I don't know if it's stamped or not. Maybe gypc_c is right that all SA guns are imported from Brazil even without the stamp mark. I wished all the SAs were made in USA.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just took the grips of my SS loaded 1911A1
and there is no markings on either side of the grips stating made in Brazil. On my last Loaded 1911A1 the Brazil markings was on the dust cover. On the left side of the frame under the grip, there is another set of #'s 03xxxM no idea what these are for. They don't coincide with the ser#

1927A1

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You're sweatin' the wrong things guys...These are nice pistols...Sll of the custom smiths like to work on SAs for custom guns...That should tell you somethin'. If they prefer SAs to some of the others, then no matter what, they have to be ok, or these guys wouldn't put their names on 'em...Relax and go forth...spread the 230gr word...pop the caps of righteousness!

SHOOT THE CRAP OUT OF 'EM!!!!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

MWLWN LABE!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got off the phone with SA, I was told that ALL FRAMES are manufactured in Brazil..... So with that, That answers our question....

1927A1

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The frames are rough forged in Brazil, finished in the US. They are doing more in the US now.

Im just glad they lost the "brazil" mark, simply becuase i hate any extra script on my 1911!!!!!!!

------------------
" You should not copy others, but use weapons which you can handle properly" Ibid

http://www.lameyknives.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts