1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally snuck away long enough to pur 100 rounds through my loaded. I had 2 FTFs with Winchester USA 185 grn flat nose out of my 8 round mags. I didn't have any problems when they were loaded with only 7 rounds. My SA blue mags worked flawlessly.

Since I'm an avid sporting clays shooter I had to fight the tendancy to "swing through the target". But by the last 50 rounds I managed to have a 3" hole in the target 2 1/2" to 3" below the X ring. I then changed targets and had my buddy put 2 mags through it. Same thing. A very nice group 2"-3" low.

My Kimber shoots point of aim. Should I send my loaded back to SA for some fixin or should I shoot it a little longer to see if there are any other issues?

G

·
My 2001 stainless loaded shot 3" low too. I've only had one other gun shoot low and the sight was fixed by the custom shop. I recently bought a P99 which is a tad high. This is reassuring since I now know it's the SA and not me that's shooting low!!!

Some people say theirs shoot POA so who really knows what's going on. Recently I examined a Kimber Classic Custom Target and I'm regretting ever buying the SA.

I won't sell it since I'll lose lots of money. I send it to Novaks later for dehorning, fix the grip bushing and sight the damn thing in properly with a Gold bead front sight too.

I'm sure SA will fix it for you if you send it in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts