1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted the initial report in a different thread, but thought I should start a new one in the proper forum:

So far, I have 250 rounds through it. 100 WWB 230gr FMJ, and 150 rounds CCI Blazer (same bullet). I have shot a couple mags of Fed Hshoks (230gr) as well. No Malfunctions of any kind.

Fit and finish is superb. Beautiful gun IMO. The recoil is very manageable, and I am able to put all shots within 4" at 15 yards, using two hand grip. I will get better and see better results, because I know the gun can shoot better than I can (now).

I really love the concept of the Officer's frame with a 4" slide. I just got a Brommeland MaxCon V for Christmas, and have been wearing it eversince. It simply vanishes, and you forget it's there.

The only issues I have with the gun include the sharp grips (they're pretty, but not to my liking). I will get some slim grips, probably smooth, and add some tape to the front strap (the MSH is already checkered). Haven't made up my mind what kind yet.

The other thing is the guide rod. I had one brake on another pistol, so I'm already a little wary. I have three mags for it, and after every round (18 rounds), I have to tighten it. My wife is at Wally world right now, picking up some blue Loctite. We'll see...

I'll keep the thread updated after every trip.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hope you enjoy your LW Compact as much as I do mine

as I type this, it's sitting on my hip in a Sparks VM-2. Had some minor problems with it at first, but all sorted out now. By the way, mine has ultra-thin smooth grips on it. There are a number of places to get them, mine came from www.woodgrips.com. Beautiful grips that were shipped quickly!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts