1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the Springfield Professional model is about mid price between several of the Wilson guns like the Protector and the Super Grade. Does anyone know how the Pro compares to the higher end Wilsons, like the Super Grade?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wish I could help you, but I havent fired either of them
As far as posts on the SA Pro, there arent many for a good reason, nothing to complain about. Guns like the Super Grade are way too much money and for less than the price, you can have a full custom gun from just about any smith. The Wilson Protector is less money than the Pro and you can probably find some posts to swing yer decision on them.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm probably going to go with the Professional model. Good enough for FBI test then probably as solid as they get!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got my Pro a few weeks ago. See my other posts here in the SA forum. I now have a few trips to the range and about 600 rounds through it with only 2 failures to go into battery. But I think that was due to putting about 500 through it in the first trip to the range and no cleaning. After a good cleaning it performed flawlessly the last time out. After I get another 400-500 through it without any troubles I will get some carry leather and do just that.

It is sweet. This is my first Springfield and first SA. The checkering fits me just fine. I could shoot it all day with no troubles. Next time out I will be shootin' some good ole' hollow points.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

[This message has been edited by Mookie White (edited 05-02-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts