1911Forum banner

SA Pro's. Black T Question

914 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  LW McVay
I saw a recent manufacture SA Pro (CRG 25XX) and the Black T finish looked a bit duller and more of a flat black than mine. My Pro's serial # is in the CRG 3XX range and the finish is glossier and a bit darker.

Anyone know if the FBI or the Marines requested a less "shiny" Black T finish for their Pros?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Ian111 said:
I saw a recent manufacture SA Pro (CRG 25XX) and the Black T finish looked a bit duller and more of a flat black than mine. My Pro's serial # is in the CRG 3XX range and the finish is glossier and a bit darker.

Anyone know if the FBI or the Marines requested a less "shiny" Black T finish for their Pros?
Don't know. Does the Black T last any longer than the Armory Kote that's on my TRP? Been carrying it just about constantly for a couple of years now and there is essentially no visible wear. Does the Black To do as well or better?

· Registered
3,900 Posts
Black T in my experience wears faster that Armory Kote as far as holster wear. I've had Black T start to show wear after one year.

· Administrator
17,797 Posts
Black T is an excellent finish...

When its new, it has a more matte like look to it. As it ages, and you handle the weapon more and more, it will begin to have a polished/burnished look to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.