1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been anxiously waiting to make this post regarding my new Range Officer, 9mm, compact. I was looking for a 1911 to carry and saw them on line, but it is so new that there is VERY little info out there.
I had handled a couple of Springfield 1911s, and read the great reviews about the ROs, so I felt comfortable in buying this one. Let me tell you, this is a fine weapon!! It is put together tight and smooth, and the dot/fiber optic sites are a pleasure to use.
I took it to the range twice this weekend and put 150 rounds through it (2 Winchester loads and 1 Federal load) no problems with anything feeding, firing or ejecting. I am only a casual shooter, but I do try to be a good shooter. The lesser expensive Federal and white box Winchester ammo seemed to give me my best groups. I shoot 5 of each type and worked my way around the target 4 times until I had shot 20 rounds of each type.
I hope that I am successful at attaching the photo of target, ammo boxes, and my newest 1911 I now have five 1911s and this one will be enjoyed a lot, she is SWEET!

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought one a couple of weeks ago. I have made 3 trips to the range and it has been flawless through several types of FMJ and several types of defense ammo. I have carried it for a few days in a good OWB holster and the weight has not been a problem at all. I was worried it might be a little heavy because I have been carrying the XDS for some time but so far I haven't noticed much difference. I believe this one is going to be one of my favorites.

·
Registered
24 Posts
John55,
What brand are your 9mm magazines? Is there a spacer in the rear of the mag? Can you chamber a round with a full mag and then remove the mag without having a round fall out the bottom or having the next round in the mag slide forward some? I'm just here to learn. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MBV,
These are the factory mags that came with it. In fact I just talked to Springfield Armory about getting a couple more mags and they didn't say anything about using someone else's mags.
I don't know about having a round fall out after chambering one, I will have to check and see.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one of those. I have the .45ACP version and it's sweet.

I picked up a boatload of 9mm brass to load up the other week and I need a good gun to shoot it.
The Taurus and S&W 915 are nice, but I really like the way a 1911 fits my hand.

Thanks for the post.

Oh, and by the way, nice shooting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.