1911Forum banner

SA TRP first report

1207 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Gene 53
I got my TRP on Dec. 24th. I got to the range on the 29th. This is my first 1911. Actually the first time I had every even shot a 1911. I tell you. I loved it. It shot great,and I don't mind telling you I shot it pretty well to. I was a little concerned I did have 2 FTE, but at this point I'm gonna chalk that up to the Ammo. That was in the first 50rds. It was PMC ammo. I switched to WWB, and didn't have a problem after that. It could have been when I disassembled the weapon that I didn't properly wipe it down and relube it. Either way I'm very happy, and I love it. I even shot so much the I rubbed the skin off of my trigger finger. Actually, I credit that to the fact that I haven't shot in 18 months.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,378 Posts
I've had mine for 2 weeks now - I took it out this morning to the range. The gun works great. I will admit that I do wish I could put some Meprolight nightsights on it - That is the one thing I like better on Kimbers.

I have the one w/ the armory kote, and while I have always been a stainless steel 1911 fan before, I really like this gun.

· Registered
8,302 Posts
enjoy that gun, but do keep her lubed up a bit.

the TRP is one fine gun. many rounds through mine to date and she just gets smoother and smoother.

mine is stainless as that is what i like and my can she shoot.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

· Registered
256 Posts
Trp

I've had one for about 9 months . It had to go back for new sights , it was shooting high. Last night I shot a 2in. group at 50 ft. right on center. It still needs breaking in. Failure to feed is common in a new gun. The better the gun the longer it takes to breakin. It has to do with tolerances. The accurace is there the dependability well come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.