1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several years of trap shooting I have gotten into pistol shooting for a couple of reasons....my son enjoys it and we have a new indoor range, which makes it gret to go shoot when you want to regardless of weather etc. I have just gotten a couple of SAs in 9mm...a new Loaded and a used Ultra Compact...both are great. Since the Ultra is used I have a couple of questions....it did come with manual, but something is not right with the spring guide rod end. If you look at the muzzle end, there is no bushing, which is correct, but you can also see the spring inside a black cylinder, and if you move the slide back and lock it there is a cone/bullet shaped thing. I am pretty familiar with the full sized 1911s, but not this size. I think something is missing or broken off, although the gun shoots great.....any ideas? I can't find any pics of the muzzle end of this gun anywhere.....WC

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
the ultra compact 9mm with a bull barrel has a black reverse recoil spring plug. If you have a "stubby" std recoil guide plug and spring - the hole in the front of the pistol for the reverse plug is normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Old-lefty....Just how old are you? Bet I'm older. Thanks for the reply and the pic, looks just like the one I got. First time I shot it 5/5 in a 5 inch ring at 45 feet....I love this gun already and haven't even started to play with it yet. What kind, and how do you like the grips on the one in the pic? Thanks WC

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
in 62 - :(

The grips are hogue - but I have since removed them - I have a pearce finger grove insert and double diamond black grips on it now.

I am glad yours is a shooter!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts