1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm feeling nostalgic about my time in the Marines (I was a Grunt), so I'm in the process of buying a Colt 1911 XSE! I'm pretty excited. It's been a long time since I've shot a 1911. Currently I have a H&K, USP 45acp (which I'm selling) and my trusty Redhawk 44.

I'm a HUGE supporter of law enforcement, and in particular, K9 Units. To me, they're four-legged heroes that deserve a a cape. They ensure their "handlers" go home to their families safely at the end of their shift! I own two German Shepherds myself and they help keep the solicitors away from my from door with their Pepsident smiles!

:)

For the last 8+ years I've been an active volunteer with the Sacramento Sheriff K9 Association. I help them with a variety of things, such as running their online store for over 4 years to help raise money for both retired and active-duty K9s. I currently help maintain their website, and I've even helped with some graphic design work. I've also helped the Foothills K9 Association with fundraising events, web stuff, etc., the Elk Grove Police K9 Association (I built and maintained their last website), and I've even helped the Sacramento Police K9 Association to a small degree.

I look forward to interacting with you all!

Barney

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Welcome!

I've been an LE K9 handler for the past 5 years (working with dogs for 8), and I believe you are an exceptional judge of character. :rock::rofl:

Joking aside, thanks for all your support and the volunteer work you do for those K9 Units, as well as for serving our country. I'm jealous that SacSO K9 unit has their own webpage and store. We just started our own Pinterest account...not my idea, but I guess any social media is better than none.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome, and regardless of what Sheriff Andy says you can have more than one bullet and carry cocked and locked :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts