1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the carry bevel in the SACS custom services and I am just wondering of those who have done this, What was included and are you happy with it?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
While this is a 3 year old post, there have been 2 responses interested, so I will give my opinion.

I believe the Std Carry Bevel is priced at $100 and I personally do not believe SACS Std Carry bevel does enough to justify the $100.

I had it done on my RO and I could not tell any difference between it and any of the other SA pistols that did not have it. I even had it sent back and Dave Williams confirmed that it had been done.

I opted not to have it done on my Mil Spec.

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
I would recommend the Radical carry bevel ( Soap bar feel ) at 350.00

BAD2006Z71 : Is right the standard 100.00 carry bevel does not seem to do much .

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Do they blend the back of the slide with the Carry Bevel?

On a somewhat side note. Is internal deburr worth it?

1# Back of slide yes but talk to SA first . If you are looking for a
bevel like the Kimber CDP2 has , you are looking at the Radical
carry bevel . I would call SACS and with them first before the work
is done . Like bad2006z71 said it may not be worth it to you because
it does not seem like much .

2# Deburr internal , if you want a smoother action , Yes

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If you are asking if the std carry bevel will blend the overhang on the rear of the slide, the answer is no.

They also have, or had, a non cataloged Heavy Carry Bevel which is in between the std and radical. I personally hate the soap bar look of the Heavy Carry.

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you are asking if the std carry bevel will blend the overhang on the rear of the slide, the answer is no.

They also have, or had, a non cataloged Heavy Carry Bevel which is in between the std and radical. I personally hate the soap bar look of the Heavy Carry.
Could you please include a picture of the heavy carry bevel?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Sorry I didn't have it done as I didn't know that option existed when I had my RO done. So I went with the std carry bevel.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks. I guess I'll pass on the bevel then. I just want the back of the slide cleaned up with frame and extractor. I don't care for the soap bar look too. I do like a smooth and tight action so internal deburr it is.

I got a Milspec I want worked on for a retro - ish build. Also just got a GI Champion that is desperately needing some custom work. Hard part is deciding which one to send in first.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
They will clean up the slide overhang and fit a new extractor. Not sure on the costs.

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
I would just call SACS and tell them what kind of bevel you are looking for
and they can tailor a bevel and price just for you . Along with whatever else
your having done .

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had the rear of my slide blended to the frame. They charged 40$ Well worth it. That doesn't include refinish, which I was having done anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts