Registered
352 Posts
damn... they should auction it off to collectors. might fetch a good price

·
Registered
378 Posts
CraigC said:
damn... they should auction it off to collectors. might fetch a good price
Maybe in the future. I've seen a History Channel documentary that focused on "infamous" guns and the price they got at auction.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I would LOVE to see it on gunbroker.com!!!!!!

haahah! :D

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
They should auction it and give the proceeds to some charity over there. It would probably fetch a large sum.

If you think about it it being a mak over an hp makes sense. A mak is easier to conceal, and he was all about flying under the radar, thats why he had the home bum look goin.

·
Administrator
73,386 Posts
Yeah, it's wonder he could conceal any handgun given that huge gut of his. Actually, I still wonder how he even fit down that hole. :hrm:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would bet the soldiers that found him are keeping his weapons. I would also doubt that they are semi auto AKs....somehow i believe that the US in the only place on earth with semi auto AKs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Mak would bring a really good price if it was spattered with (Saddam's) blood, skull fragments and brain. Now, the lawyers will defend his right to a fair trial while our troops and Iraqi citizens continue to die as a result of his actions.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would think that any of the weapons captured would be carefully accounted for (especially because they were in his possession at the time of capture) and they would most likely wind up in that division's historical museum. I'm not even sure that soldier's can keep war prizes like captured weapons anymore.

Weren't the troops that captured him part of the 4th (Ivy) Division?? That was one of my dad's many different divisions he was assigned to during his 37 years of active duty (6/29 Field Artillery)!!

·
Registered
27,699 Posts
That probably explains why he didn't fight back:D

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
He must have pawned his gold plated High Power. That's probably how he got the $750k found in his possession.:)

·
Administrator
73,386 Posts
UnSafe said:
The Mak would bring a really good price if it was spattered with (Saddam's) blood, skull fragments and brain. Now, the lawyers will defend his right to a fair trial while our troops and Iraqi citizens continue to die as a result of his actions.
You ain't heard nothin' yet. Already a member of the Vatican is lambasting the USA for our "undignified" treatment of Saddam.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm sure before it's over we will hand Saddam over to the French who will promptly pardon him, give him their nations highest medal of honor and sue in international court to get those AK's and the $750K back for him.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those darn French. Remember the Chautchaut WW1 machine gun? That thing was a PEICE OF JUNK. You could take parts from one gun and put them on another because every gun was a little differnt.

Same old stuff, now its funny because the French and the Germans are in bed together.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Now, the lawyers will defend his right to a fair trial while our troops and Iraqi citizens continue to die as a result of his actions.
You ain't heard nothin' yet. Already a member of the Vatican is lambasting the USA for our "undignified" treatment of Saddam.
They shouldn't have been debating on throwing a grenade in the hole. In the words of one combat veteran I know, "grenades are cheap, throw one in any place that looks suspicious."

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd like to see him tossed into a cell with Noriega. Vegas would go wild setting odds on which one would end up wearing the skirt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts