1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only solution i can see to help hide the but of my 1911 is for a strong forward cant

I cam across this holster-

http://www.safariland.com/product.aspx?pid=528

And it seems like just the ticket. Does anyone use or have experience with this model?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Fwiw

Nonconformist: I'm replying, primariy, because I see no one else has thus far. Can't help you re the specific Safariland Kydex OWB holster model you linked, but since it's an OWB model, and FWIW, if anything:

Not sure if you prefer Kydex or leather, but (years back) Safariland offered several OWB pancake style leather belt holsters with a strong degree of forward cant rake that were great body-huggers for CCW & minimal to nil "printing". So if you're not opposed to leather, you might wanna look-see-browse deeper through the Safariland website.

Again, if not opposed to leather and and also if not opposed to IWB models, my suggestion would be to look around, as several of the popular makers offer IWB models that have adjustable cant rakes via adjustment of the belt loop or belt clip angles.

K&D Holsters, Andrews Leather, to name but a couple, and you might wanna check out the hybrid leather & Kydex "Minotaur MTAC" model by Comp-Tac - that's an IWB with adjustable cant via belt clip angulations, and a Kydex "half shell" that's wedded to a skin-friendly leather base panel. Nice feature on that MTAC is that for $35, you can buy differing Kydex holster bodies for various differing make-model guns, for attachment to the same singular leather base pad, so it seems pretty versatile.

Good luck in your holster hunting !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts