1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm considering buying a new Safariland holster for IPSC and other competitions. I use to own one ten years ago and don't know if there are better options out there. Is the double belt velcro option the way to go or the original through the loops only? The main reason I'd like to get another Safariland is because I can obtain one at dealer cost. Pros and cons?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
spock,
go with the 2 belt, inner and outer system, compared with the old way, its much easier. as far the the safariland holsters go, the 011 & 012 are fast, and adjustable, but the retention is lousy. check out the ghost, cr speed or limcat, there all fast, fully adjustable and have a lock mode, that when the are locked, you would have to break the holster the draw from them.
btw
live long and prosper

·
Registered
697 Posts
I currently am using an 011 for IPSC. I like it OK, but I will be replacing it with a different holster as soon as funds are available (probably a Limcat) because I also think gun retention sucks with the Safariland design. Also, I think there are better ways to retain the muzzle than Safariland's wrap around thingy. It really doesn't work well. I'd get an Arredondo platform if you go 011 or 012, but overall I think there are better holsters out there.

[This message has been edited by hhsmiley (edited 11-15-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts