1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally!

The Santa Clara County, California, DA's office announced a grand jury indictment of SCC sheriff captain Jensen for bribery and other charges as it relates to getting a ccw. Three attorneys were also indicted for bribery and other similar charges. That pathetic excuse for a sheriff, corrupt laurie smith, should be next. The investigation isn't done, more indictments will be served over the coming weeks.

The DA was very blunt with the routes to obtaining a CCW in SCC;

1) law abiding citizens go through the proper steps and submit their applications. Those applications are either put in a filing cabinet and forgotten or thrown in the trash.

2) Contribute a significant amount of money to smith's reelection campaign and get a CCW. He even went so far as to say jensen will meet you at a starbucks, help you fill out your application, and even waive the mandatory range requirements.

Finally!

You can search for links yourself. I don't post links to any propaganda stations.

I hope they nail smith's corrupt sorry ass. There's no way she didn't know what's going on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am afraid the new normal for the CCW applications in Santa Clara will be “forgotten in a desk or straight in the trash”.

I would bet this prosecution is less about bribes and more about any permits issued at all.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I used to support the Death Penalty for Corrupt Politicians and Corrupt Bureaucrats.
Now my stance is that they should become live organ donors, with Vets getting first pick.
Those four SOBs need to become live organ donors.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
In California, I am assuming the reason they were charged is because the bribery actually resulted in some citizens getting their applications accepted.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
In California, I am assuming the reason they were charged is because the bribery actually resulted in some citizens getting their applications accepted.
You might well be "on" to the underlying reality.

And as a footnote, there is money in Santa Clara. But also an over-abundant supply of leftists who are more than willing to "report" on others. Plenty of hypocrisy thrown in for good measure...."armed protection for me, but not for thee"

And a City Hall filled with corrupt leftist politicians.

·
Registered
12,919 Posts
I didn't bribe anyone to get my CCW, but it was a pain in the butt.

Who do I need to pay off to get my renewal? It would be easier! :)

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
Corrupt "LEOs" in CA? I'm shocked....

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Oh, that’s funny! I darn near loss a good sip of fine Bourbon reading that one. :)

·
Premium Member
8,749 Posts
Hence why 35 states moved to "SHALL ISSUE" CCW laws.

It takes the politics, corruption, and shenanigans out of obtaining a concealed carry license.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I used to support the Death Penalty for Corrupt Politicians and Corrupt Bureaucrats.
Now my stance is that they should become live organ donors, with Vets getting first pick.
Those four SOBs need to become live organ donors.
I'm a fan of this.

Let's do it NATIONWIDE

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
You might well be "on" to the underlying reality.

And as a footnote, there is money in Santa Clara. But also an over-abundant supply of leftists who are more than willing to "report" on others. Plenty of hypocrisy thrown in for good measure...."armed protection for me, but not for thee"

And a City Hall filled with corrupt leftist politicians.
Being a lefty doesn't prevent to own a lot of money...

·
Premium Member
13,029 Posts
It is not just CA, people in NYC were nailed for taking bribes also in regard to issuing carry licenses. Moreover, I would wager, almost all lefty states are doing some form of corruption along these lines...You see, when you give a government agency unlimited discretion ("may-issue") and a totally subjective bases for deciding who "qualifies" and who doesn't, it opens up the Pandora-box to those who want to do such stuff. And remember, the now super-far-left Marxist-Democratic party is more corrupt then ever.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
When it isn't "shall issue" it is always a locus for corruption.
Spot on. I only know of a few people with CCW’s in NJ that aren’t retired LE.

And they are lawyers who obviously know the judges that sign their approvals. Everyone else can pound salt.

·
Registered
628 Posts
NJ is technically “shall issue”. But at the judges discretion, so it’s a joke, like Plantar said. Also, once you’re denied a CCW permit, the denial is part of your permanent record, so you’re applying at your risk. NJ is something else..

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
NJ is technically “shall issue”. But at the judges discretion, so it’s a joke, like Plantar said. Also, once you’re denied a CCW permit, the denial is part of your permanent record, so you’re applying at your risk. NJ is something else..
Kindly provide the Nj law where NJ is shall issue.

I could be wrong, but to my knowledge NJ is and has been “may issue” for a long time. There was some political garbage Within the last several years, when they were trying to define, “justifiable need” regarding ccw...which the powers that be couldn’t seem to agree on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
You’re right, it’s “may issue”, but really may not. “May” part just as well be not there, that’s why I got it mixed up with “shall”.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts