1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys saw the thread about walking into this deal, so I won't rehash that here other than to say, I think I stole this sucker! :biglaugh:
I'm so busy in the shop that I don't have time to shoot it seems, but I can give it the once over of thoughts on it.

First off, here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

Sorry for the stainless screws, I can't believe I ran out of black.
Anyway, I'm VERY happy with the finish on this weapon! From pics I had seen before, it looked like a thick paint, but having it in my hand, it's not. It's very well done and compliments the weapon with a classy two tone look that's very appealing. There are no scratches, dings, dents or anything else that I can find in going over the weapon with a bright light. This thing still had packing grease on it!
I have a DW CCO that I really like, and this is very similar in shape, although the BWC is heavier (not a bad thing in a weapon this size). The thing I really liked about my CCO when I picked it up is how much of a difference the small rounding of the butt made in shooting. Since they're so similar, I'm sure this will be the case here as well. It's not that officer frames were uncomfortable for me to shoot with, it's more that the rounding makes it MORE comfortable to shoot with.

This pistol shows a LOT of attention to detail throughout. Notice the MSH and the checkering done to it. The fitting of just this part tells me much about the attention paid by those who assembled the weapon and speaks to the overall high level of quality throughout.
The trigger on this thing is phenomenal! Light and "crisp" doesn't begin to cover it. Simply stellar!
The cut under the trigger guard is higher than I'm used to but it let me do a cool kind of detail with the grip panels that I like. The frontstrap checkering is sharp and clean. Again, attention to detail and quality just ooze from it. I did bring the grip panels all the way up to the checkering on the frontstrap. I hate seeing frame flats, and now the radius of the frontstrap seemlessly meets with the grip panels for a great feel. One of the advantages of having the right hobby.
If I had to come up with one thing I was less than enthusiastic about on this pistol, it would be the sights. I'm used to larger tritium vials and in comparison, these seem tiny. I do like the color contrast and have that on all of my carry weapons. Makes sights easy to pick up/line up in less than ideal light. The smaller vials is not a problem, just something different than I'm used to.
Overall, I can't wait to get this baby to the range! I don't think this will be the only Wilson I end up with. :rock: Very impressive weapon all around. I'm so lucky to have ended up with it. I appreciate the info you guys gave me in response to my uneducated questions when the deal popped up. Thank you!
Oh, for those of you into such things, the holster is a VMII with shark trim.
Here are a few more pics....

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Very nice Sarge!!!:rock: Who made the grips??:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AutoMag. Grips? Some bum next to the highway with a sign that said "Will make grips for ammo". :biglaugh:
I took this thing off to take the pics, now I can stop pulling it out to look at it. It's like I'm 6 and in a candy store. I'm kinda making my secretary nervous.....:biglaugh:
Sarge

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Sarge, I would be looking at it all day myself, it is a beautiful pistol!!! It would look fantastic on my new pistol stand!!!:biglaugh::rock:

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Beautiful Sarge!!!!:rock:

Ok Sarge, put it in the safe now so it does not accidentally get flash burns in case the camera flash should go off!!!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Beautiful weapon, the best choice for carry IMHO.

I totally agree with you on the sights as well as the butt. I never cared for officers framed guns due to the squared edge of the butt would make my palm sore after just a few mags. I can shoot my CQB compact all day long due to the rounded butt. It makes all the difference.

Get out there and shoot the snot out of that thing. Be sure to stock up on recoil springs!

Good job Sarge. Oh yeah, nice grips too. :rock:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Fusion Comparison

Sarge:

I am anxiously awaiting your comparison to Bob's Fusions. I am fortunate enough to have a .45 Wilson Stealth, .45 Tactical Elite and a .45 Wilson Classic (safe queen at this point). AND a 9mm Fusion Scout XL with a .45 Fusion Commander and a .45 Fusion Commander Grand Sport on order. Seems to me that there is very little difference between Wilson and Fusion but I am not knowledgeable enough to give a credible opinion.

RCND82

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just thinking that once the Fusion is done (a few weeks from now), I want to send the BWC, DW CCO, and the Fusion CCO to Dave Severns for one of his shootouts and unbiased breakdowns. I can't think of anyone better to do it than a master pistolsmith like him. He's busy as all get out though, so I'll have to ask him and keep my fingers crossed. :rock:
Sarge

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Congrats on what I am 100% sure will be an excellent pistol. Welcome to the WC fold. I have you glass of icy koolaid right over here!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm just relieve the suspense is finally over. I stumbled across this and have been camping out on the other thread with the fear it was too good to be true. Glad it's true. Good on ya Sarge.

"Where did ya get those grips?" - THAT was rich! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beautiful pic...I love gun pron. Welcome to the WC family. Great gun, great company, great people on this forum. Now we have a great grip maker in the family!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all for the welcome and kind words. I look forward to putting some rounds downrange with this beauty soon!
Sarge

·
Registered
301 Posts
maybe it's early and I need more coffee, but...

I like it better with the stainless screws than what I can picture of black.

Enjoy the new toy. Merry Christmas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts