1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time, I had the pleasure of handling a brand new CQB this past weekend. It was green/blk with the rail. I was truly impressed. I knew they had a good rep, but until I got to feel the fit and work the action, etc. I never knew how good they were. I've always liked them, but even the best pictures I have seen do this pistol little justice. I comared the CQB with a Kimber Gold Combat II. There was NO comparison and I would tell you if there was. The shop guys would say, well for 400 or so less you can have this Gold Combat and it's really just as good. No way, not even close. I have always kind of wanted a CQB but now I am having a tough time deciding what I will sell to get it. Although I can afford one, we limit fun money for savings, etc. But wow, I just wanted to tell you all that I am impressed. I have a Kimber, an early OR gun and love it, however, the CQB is like nothing I have handled including several Les Baers. NICE!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Matteblack

We all agree. Once you handle the Wilson and purhase shoot it, you really see and feel the difference between the other guns. People too often only consider price, but in this case you definately get something more for your money. Be sure to post a picture of your new CQB once you get it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree.
It so happens that my CQB arrived today. It's grey/black and it's beautiful! I sold 2 Kimbers to buy it and I'm glad I did. Granted I haven't fired it yet, but I'm not too worried about problems. The fit and action are great, best I've seen. I can't wait to take it to the range. Do what you have to do to get one. It's worth it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
matteblack, check out the deals on Wilson's currently on Gunsamerica.com. I just saw a 95% CQB Compact for $1250.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Even though I didn't like the price on my CQB, I have 1,000 rounds to date without a malfunction & one-hole groups at 50 ft. I can't say that about any previous 1911 I've owned including Kimber. In fact, I handled a Kimber Super Match (their top of the line) & the slide wasn't nearly as smooth as the CQB; in fact it was rather gritty.

·
Registered
841 Posts
CQB has a feel of its own for sure. The guys that do the hand fitting must spend hours on end getting it right because I have never handled such a "smooth" 1911. The slide to frame is perfect. Its not tight (a la Les Baer TRS) yet it is. Its fit perfectly so that the slide can move with ease yet there is no play what-so-ever. It has the "buttery" feel. Even when you cock back that hammer - its sooooo smooth. Saftey is smooth and trigger is damn crisp. I do not think any other custom gun can compare to the CQB. Ed Brown maybe but... once you handle one you are going to sell everything just to get it. Once you shoot one you know that its going to be your only CCW and you'll "deal" with carrying a GOV'T size 1911 IWB or what not...

I carry this gun and trust my life to it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have to say the Gold Combat was a very nice gun (my series 1). But after checking out the Wilson, it quickly became trade-bait.

My CQB has around 3500 flawless rounds through it so far. It is by far the smoothest and most accurate gun I've ever owned or shot.

The thing that gets me is, if I had all the money I lost on trades over the years, I could probably own quite a few Wilsons. It's just one of those things I'll probably never learn.;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
the next CQB i look at will be my own.i dont like to window shop 2,000 dollar guns..... it gets expensive..........lol still wanting a wilson... pretty badly at that!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, I really want one. I just picked up a like new Glock 17. I love Glocks, second only to the 1911. Anyway, I got such a good deal I had to jump on it. However, I have a USP .40 Compact that I nevery really shoot . To be honest, I never shot it very well either. I like it, but it is starting to transform into "trade-bait." I wish I had more spending $, I wouldn't have to cannibalize so much :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts