1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
73,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wade's in Bellevue, WA got in one of the new Government Models (formerly M1991A1) today. The slide markings are a definite improvement. As mentioned in a previous post it says:

------COLT'S------
GOVERNMENT MODEL
45 AUTOMATIC CALIBER

...with the rampant colt to the right of it. It still says -Series 80- on the right side. So they're coming down the pipeline, just keep looking if you want one.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
286 Posts
Callahan,

I have seen them in Northern VA. Are you from that area? If so I can direct you.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Nah man. I'm from waaaaay out here in the panhandle. I barely even speak the language. Besides, I have an XSE on order. Should be in any day. But if this 1911 addiction stays with me, I'll likely get one of these new Gov't models.

Callahan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was it blue or stainless? Are the SS with the new rollmarks making it thru the pipeline?

Anybody seen any good pics posted on the web? This sure has been good news, makes me want to go ahead and pick up that SS .45 I have planning to get ...

·
Administrator
73,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one was blue. Dunno when the STS ones will follow. When they do I might get one, as I always liked the pre-Enhanced stainless Governments but hated the STS M1991A1. Besides the ugly rollmark the sandblasting was way too coarse.

BTW the new markings look almost the same font as shown above too.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Bulls Eye in Tacoma has the stainless. Saw one with double serrations and the rollmark. Sweet!

------------------
"Be not afraid of any man, no matter what his size;

When trouble rises, call on me and I will equalize."

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Off hand, I'd say you guys are actually talking about the XSE.
Did it have wood grips?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Originally posted by Powderman:
Bulls Eye in Tacoma has the stainless. Saw one with double serrations and the rollmark.
I really hope you were looking at an XSE. If Colt started butchering slides on the '91A1 Series, I'm going to be very depressed.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Slide markings? I see slide markings as the wear patterns and scratches showing the gun is a runner. And Colts always have plenty of slide markings!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts